Baked English Scones the other afternoon and thank god it turned out good! Fluffy enough just the way I like it. The recipe is available below (with some tweaks) as well as visual content where you can find the simple steps to baking this. Enjoy!
500g Plain Flour (Sifted)
2 rounded tsp of baking powder
2 heaped tbsp of caster sugar
1 tsp salt
110g chopped cold unsalted butter
300ml whole milk or 150ml fresh milk
1 egg (egg wash)
Basic steps to follow:
1. Combine sifted plain flour, baking powder, caster sugar and salt into a bowl and mix. Add in butter and continue mixing it again.
2. Slowly pour in milk and mix together until everything appears moistened. Dough will be sticky. If it’s too sticky, add a little more flour.
3. Press the dough into an 8-inch disc. Cut it with cookies cutter.
4. Place the cut dough on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
5. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200°C
6. Brush scones with egg wash.
7. Bake for 18-26 minutes or until golden brown around the edges and lightly browned on top. Larger scones take closer to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes before topping with optional toppings.
Happy Baking !